Monday, August 22, 2011

The Beginning

Hello world.

In the last couple of months, I have noticed a change in my body.

It's not a big one, but it's there. And it annoys me.

I am incredibly blessed and thankful to have a happy life. And by happy, I mean REALLY HAPPY! I have a fun "job" as a working actor, a wonderful supportive network of family and friends, and the most beautiful girlfriend in the world.

Recently my girlfriend and I took an amazing vacation to Cancun, Mexico. All the food you could eat, and all the food you could drink. I was HAPPY.

In our hotel room, there was a scale.

I decided it would be hilarious to see how much weight I had gained sin
ce I last checked (probably around 2 months prior). As I stepped on the scale, it became less hilarious.

I am 181.6 lbs!!!!!

To be brutally honest, I wasn't shocke
d.


I have felt softer than ever and I believe that you know when you are not feeling your best. Something needed to change and there is only one person that can help me...ME.

Yesterday, I arrived in Salt Lake City, Utah to start rehearsals for NEXT TO NORMAL at The Pioneer Theatre. I came prepared with a plan that I am going to stick with starting today and ending on October 2nd.

It's a plan called The 3-Hour Diet. It was created by Jorge Cruise and it has been featured on countless television shows and praised by many folks, famous or otherwise.

I'll explain more in the coming posts, but here is a brief overview of what the plan is:

WebMD explains The 3-Hour Diet


It has a lot to do with portion sizes and interval eating. I will try and make the meals as interesting as I can and post as I am able.

HOW YOU CAN HELP:

Cheer me on. Pat my back. Give great suggestions for how to make interval eating fun and not a chore (although I'm pretty sure that's the point).

MY PROMISE TO YOU:

To make this blog funny, insightful, and educational. Also, hopefully I'll lose some weight.

If anyone wants to join me in my quest, comment and let me know you are doing it and we can cheer each other on. It certainly helps to have support.

It's time to stop being FAT & HAPPY.

It's time to just be HAPPY.




1 comment:

  1. you are on to a great start! this will be such an inspiration..i will pass the word around to my students and friends. ps...love your work!

    ReplyDelete