Sunday, August 28, 2011

My First Day Off!




After a long and successful first week of rehearsals for N2N (that's what I'm calling it now), it was time for a well-deserved day off!

I said that I was going to hit the gym today, but things got a bit sidetracked.

Most of the cast took a long (hour) walk down to Temple Square. It is really trippy to see the Mormon faith in real life. This place literally looks like a theme park. I was surprised there weren't misting machines as you walked around and large character Joseph Smiths and Brigham Youngs gallivanting around the city.

Then we went to the mall! This mall is stacked, y'all. I am originally from the West Coast, and this place truly brought me straight back home!

I had to break some of my dieting for today...this is why.

Fucking HOT DOG ON A STICK!

I can't even begin to tell you what this place means to me. I used to drink gallons of this lemonade a day during high school.

I had to get one...and it was so worth it. Not as many calories as I would have thought. A large is about 350 calories. I know..SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR. I couldn't resist.

After some walking around (and trying a hot sauce that was 6 million scoville units...20 times hotter than a habaƱero), it was time for lunch.

We went to Thaifoon which is a great little West Coast chain.


I ordered a miso soup...and this beautiful monstrosity.

What we have here is their famous Ahi Tuna Lettuce Wraps. The tuna is seared and tossed with pineapple, cilantro, onions, water chestnuts and other things.

It was fresh and delicious.

I went for a run with my cast mate after we got back home. The altitude here in Salt Lake is freaking ridiculous. Five minutes into running and it feels like you just ran for fifteen. But we got it done. Finished off with a hefty 2-minute plank and I feel like it was one successful day off.

Time to go back to my diet, back to the gym, and back to rehearsal tomorrow!

Stay tuned!

1 comment: