Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hearty and Healthy Lunch!

Good afternoon!

I got to rehearsal today but they were running behind. I sat around for an hour and drank a cup of coffee. Then we took lunch. Sometimes you just have to roll with the punches!

So I'm home now and I decided to go a little south of the border for lunch.

This is Salsa Chicken.

It's a half breast of chicken (no skin) cut into cubes and tossed with a little special seasoning (can't tell, won't tell). Then I pan fried it and added a bit of prepared salsa near the end of the cooking.

I served it with a small side salad with diced green chiles, and steamed broccoli.

It was delicious and everything you see in this picture is only 239 calories!

Pretty excellent what you can accomplish if you just think for a minute.

Back to rehearsal at 3:15 and then I will see you all for dinner.

My snack at 5pm?

2 slices of deli turkey and a slice of swiss cheese. Under 100 calories. Bam!

Cheers to eating well!

No comments:

Post a Comment